Masthead header

I’m Published! or A Still and Hushed Moment…

I can’t even wrap my brain around the beauty of this quiet moment. For years I have worked to tell the story of The River Witch, to discover it bit by bit, finding pieces of myself along the way and losing them, too. The day I finished work on the manuscript, I wondered what it would be like to share it with others. It was a very private work that I’d only revealed in pieces to very few people.

Now it seems appropriate that tonight, as I’ve learned the novel is available for sale online, the news comes in the still and hushed hours. My children are sleeping and my husband is traveling. I am alone in my wonder.

I thought I would be celebrating when this moment came — and I am. But I’m also reminded that there is something sacred in story, in the art of being a vessel, that there is a reawakening of the soul in the creating. And I’m thankful for all the writer’s journey is teaching me…

I hope you’ll find a still and hushed moment to curl up with this book and see what it might whisper to you…

April 24, 2012 - 7:34 pm

admin - What an amazing thing to say! Thank you, Jeanine. I hope you really enjoy the book. xo

April 19, 2012 - 4:07 am

Jeanine - You are an inspiration! Best of luck to you!

April 13, 2012 - 11:55 am

admin - I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the book, Laura!!

April 13, 2012 - 11:54 am

admin - It could get crowded in here, Erika! My mental space is kinda cluttered. lol

April 13, 2012 - 11:54 am

admin - Maybe it’s cheesy, but that is how it felt. Glad to have you along for the ride, Melissa! XO

April 13, 2012 - 11:53 am

admin - Kathy, we all know where this talent came from. Mama had to listen to a lot of stories… 🙂 Thanks for your sweet words. Love you, too.

April 13, 2012 - 11:52 am

admin - Anne, I’m sooooo happy to share it!! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts…

April 13, 2012 - 11:52 am

admin - LOVE that description of holding it’s breath. That’s EXACTLY how it felt. 🙂

April 13, 2012 - 11:51 am

admin - I knew I could count on you, Jodi! I laughed when I read this and wished you were here to help me jump up and down!!

April 13, 2012 - 11:50 am

admin - Jessica, you’re always such a mentor and friend. I really appreciate the sweetness of knowing you.

April 13, 2012 - 11:49 am

admin - Thanks!! Hope you’ll enjoy the book as much as I’m enjoying sharing it!

April 13, 2012 - 11:49 am

admin - It would be a shadow of the book that it is without you, Lynn! I can’t say enough about your insight and steady hand when it came to pushing me the extra few steps to give my characters depth and truth. You’re made of awesome.

April 13, 2012 - 11:47 am

admin - Ah, you’ve been there with me a long time, Darcy. Thanks for being such a support! Can’t wait to see your work in the upcoming anthology SWEETER THAN TEA!!

April 13, 2012 - 11:46 am

admin - It was strangely perfect to have that solitary time, Jolina. I always need a little time to let things soak in. I cried and giggled all the way to town the next morning, confirming to all the neighbors at the bus stop that I’m a nut. 🙂

April 13, 2012 - 11:45 am

admin - Thanks!

April 12, 2012 - 5:01 pm

Girl Parker - Perfectly expressed. I’m so happy for you, Kimberly. It’s the hugest of milestones and you worked hard for it.

April 12, 2012 - 2:21 pm

Jolina Petersheim - Published: such a wonderful word and moment. Perhaps it is right that you celebrated alone as this piece of art was created alone. Hope you enjoyed your day! Much love.

April 11, 2012 - 7:52 pm

Darcy Crowder - What an amazing post…it’s this kind of thinking and writing that will send you to the top! Isn’t it profound that so often, it’s those still, quiet moments in our life that hold the most power…and the most change?

April 11, 2012 - 6:23 pm

LGC Smith - Congratulations, Kim. Lovely post. Your quiet moment reminds me of pumpkins growing beside a river, started soft and silent in the dirt, now breaking toward the sun–wait, where have I read a story like that?! Best of luck with “The River Witch.” I love it, and I can’t wait to see it on the bestseller lists.

April 11, 2012 - 5:58 pm

Audra - Congrats, congrats!

April 11, 2012 - 5:49 pm

Jessica McCann (@JMcCannWriter) - Well, this post just gave me goosebumps. What a beautiful moment and sentiment, Kim. In all the excitement of being published, how wonderful that you took a quiet moment to be thankful for what writing teaches you. That kind of spirit will carry you far. So happy for you.

April 11, 2012 - 5:13 pm

Jodi - It’s okay…I’LL SCREAM FOR YOU!!! WOO HOOOOOO!!! 🙂

April 11, 2012 - 2:11 pm

Natalia Sylvester - Congratulations, Kimberly! What a beautiful post and moment. It’s like was holding its breath for you in this one moment, anticipating great things ahead. Enjoy it 🙂

April 11, 2012 - 1:50 pm

Anne Riley - YAAAAAY! I can’t wait to read it!

April 11, 2012 - 1:35 pm

Kathy Roberts - Kim, I am so happy for you! I can’t wait! I love you and your family and I am so glad you can share such a great talent! May God bless you with mighty favor in your career!

April 11, 2012 - 1:20 pm

Melissa Crytzer Fry - Oh DEAR… Such a moment for you – so BIG is its stillness and meaning. So beautifully written, my dear. Can’t wait till the copy print is available!

April 11, 2012 - 1:01 pm

Erika Robuck - What a beautiful moment. I can’t wait to share my mental space with you. 🙂

April 11, 2012 - 10:32 am

Laura Kay - Soso excited for you congratulations!!!!

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *